Bound Hands Rising Free
Click image for larger view
- Location: Father Jerzy Popieluszko Square; Bedford and Nassau Avenues
- Sculptor: Thomas Cleveland
- Description: A hand pointing down supports a group of three hands pointing upward with the higher, middle hand supporting a dove with wings spread and starting to fly, on a pedestal
- Materials: Bronze; granite
- Dimensions: Sculpture H: 3'9" W: 9"; pedestal H: 2' W: 1' D: 1'
- Cast: January, 2000
- Dedicated: May, 2000
- Foundry: Modern Art Foundry, Inc., Long Island City, NY
- Donor: DPR: Capital projects
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143