It’s never been easier to become a tennis player in New York City—you can purchase a tennis permit online for use at any outdoor tennis court during tennis season, which lasts from April 1 to the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Visit our Tennis at NYC Parks page to purchase or renew your permit, or to find more information about our tennis program.
Before heading to a court, make sure that you’ve read our rules and regulations. Follow our permit rules, wear smooth-sole tennis shoes, and use a maximum of six tennis balls on each court. Most courts are open from 8:00 a.m. to dusk, except at Central Park where courts open at 7:00 a.m. and Randall's Island where courts open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 7:00 p.m.
|McCarren Tennis Center||North 13th Street Between Berry Street and Bedford Avenue||(347) 873-9698||7||Indoor|
|Hard||Lessons are offered. All 7 courts are bubbled during the indoor season (the day after Columbus Day-April 27) and may be rented for a fee. During the outdoor season, there are 6 courts available to Parks tennis permit holders. For bookings or for more information about tennis at McCarren Park, please email email@example.com, or visit mccarrentennis.net.|
Directions to McCarren Park
- NYC PARKS CUTS THE RIBBON ON NEW CAFÉ AT McCARREN PARK
- NYC PARKS PREPARES KIDS FOR BACK TO SCHOOL SEASON WITH YOUTH TECH WORKSHOPS ALL WEEK
- NYC PARKS ADDS THREE NEW BARBECUE AREAS TO BUSY MCCARREN PARK IN BROOKLYN
- Adult Open Access
- McCarren Adult Morning Basketball
- McCarren Weight Room Open Access
- McCarren Beginners Weight Training
- Mommy & Me Exercise