Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
List of Barbecuing Areas
|McCarren Park||Driggs Avenue (Across from Soccer Field and Softball Field)|
Directions to McCarren Park
Know Before You Go
McCarren Play Center
On Monday, May 27, 2019, this recreation center will be closed in observance of Memorial Day.
- NYC PARKS PREPARES KIDS FOR BACK TO SCHOOL SEASON WITH YOUTH TECH WORKSHOPS ALL WEEK
- NYC PARKS ADDS THREE NEW BARBECUE AREAS TO BUSY MCCARREN PARK IN BROOKLYN
- NEW YORKERS ACROSS THE FIVE BOROUGHS “TREE-CYCLE” AT 21st ANNUAL MULCHFEST