Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
List of Barbecuing Areas
|McCarren Park||Driggs Avenue (Across from Soccer Field and Softball Field)|
Directions to McCarren Park
Know Before You Go
McCarren Play Center
As of Tuesday, March 17, for the safety of our patrons, all recreation centers are closed to the public until further notice. We will be extending all memberships to our recreation center members to cover the length of time we are closed.
- NYC PARKS PREPARES KIDS FOR BACK TO SCHOOL SEASON WITH YOUTH TECH WORKSHOPS ALL WEEK
- NYC PARKS ADDS THREE NEW BARBECUE AREAS TO BUSY MCCARREN PARK IN BROOKLYN
- NEW YORKERS ACROSS THE FIVE BOROUGHS “TREE-CYCLE” AT 21st ANNUAL MULCHFEST