She's On Point! A Celebration of Girls in Sports
Saturday, March 24, 2018
11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
She’s on Point celebrates the achievements of female athletes and introducing young girls and boys to sports.
Through partnerships with local colleges and sports organizations, as well as the contributions of NYC Parks public programming staff, a variety of sports clinics and demonstrations take place, from traditional to alternative sports.
We also incorporate a speaking portion, where professional athletes and coaches are invited to talk about their pathways into a career in sports.
11:00 a.m. - Noon - Strong Girls
Noon - 1:00 p.m. - Volleyball for 8-11 year olds
Noon -1:00 p.m. - Jump rope for 12-14 year olds
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Jumpe rope for 8-11 year olds
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Volleyball for 12-14 year olds
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Women’s Open Volleyball
Directions to McCarren Park
- NYC PARKS ADDS THREE NEW BARBECUE AREAS TO BUSY MCCARREN PARK IN BROOKLYN
- NEW YORKERS ACROSS THE FIVE BOROUGHS “TREE-CYCLE” AT 21st ANNUAL MULCHFEST
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Expressions Of Interest For Ice Skating Rink And/or Winter Activities At Mccarren Park Pool
- Ranger's Choice: Gather Around the Campfire
- SummerScreen Movie Series: Love & Basketball
- SummerScreen Movie Series: Hackers
- SummerScreen Movie Series: Fantastic Mr. Fox
- SummerScreen Movie Series: Die Hard