Planting Design for Shaded Gardens
Saturday, February 24, 2018
1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Garden areas shaded by trees or buildings can be problematic but not impossible to plant, and they often can be beautiful as well as serviceable. We’ll look at planting ideas for different types and degrees of shade then do a plan for shaded areas of the nearby Lentol Community Garden, mostly with native plants.
Facilitated by Cindy Goulder, GreenThumb community gardener at Poplar Street Community Garden, Ecological Landscapes / Urban Gardens, and GreenThumb
Directions to McCarren Park
- NYC PARKS ADDS THREE NEW BARBECUE AREAS TO BUSY MCCARREN PARK IN BROOKLYN
- NEW YORKERS ACROSS THE FIVE BOROUGHS “TREE-CYCLE” AT 21st ANNUAL MULCHFEST
- NYC Parks Issues Request For Expressions Of Interest For Ice Skating Rink And/or Winter Activities At Mccarren Park Pool
- SummerScreen Movie Series: Love & Basketball
- SummerScreen Movie Series: Hackers
- SummerScreen Movie Series: Fantastic Mr. Fox
- SummerScreen Movie Series: Die Hard
- SummerScreen Movie Series: This is Spinal Tap