Flatbush, Gerritsen & Fillmore Aves, Jamaica Bay
Directions via Google Maps
As Brooklyn's largest park, Marine Park has plenty of room to serve a lot of needs.
Environmentally, it consists of 530 acres of grassland and precious salt marsh, protected as a Forever Wild preserve. The Urban Park Rangers present bushels of educational and fun activities in its Salt Marsh Nature Center each week, and interested, independent visitors can wander along the Salt Marsh Nature Trail to observe unique regional flora and fauna.
Recreationally, the park offers amenities as varied as a golf course, bocce courts, cricket fields, and baseball diamonds, to name but a few. The park also contains multiple playgrounds, bicycle greenways, and a launch and landing site for canoes and kayaks at Gerritsen inlet.
Pick your pleasure and plan your visit to Marine Park today!
Discover the history of Marine Park
Our Urban Park Rangers will guide you to the best viewing spots in New York City to see migratory birds. Birding...
Why are so many things in the park named Gerritsen?
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Cricket Fields
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Nature Centers
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots
Directions to Marine Park
Know Before You Go
The Salt Marsh Nature Center is currently closed for construction. Please visit our Capital Project Tracker for more information.
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- Major Habitat Restoration And Trail Development Project Gets Underway This Fall In Marine Park
- More Than 30,000 New Yorkers Celebrate The Outdoors At Tenth Anniversary Of Adventures NYC
- Marine Park Forest Restoration
- Marine Park Golf Course Path Reconstruction
- Marine Park Oval Reconstruction
- Marine Park PS 278 Playground Reconstruction
- Marine Park Salt Marsh Nature Center Reconstruction
- Carmine Carro Community Center
- Dr. John’s Playground
- Firefighter Christopher Bopp Triangle
- Gerritsen Ballfields
- Gerritsen Creek