Marcus Garvey Park
In order to invest in the care of our parks, we must regularly redesign and rebuild our city’s parks and facilities. We do this through designing, procuring, and building capital projects. Find out more information about capital projects taking place within this park by choosing a project below.
|Citywide Pool Electrical Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-815MA)||Madison Avenue, East 120th to East 124th Streets||Construction|
|Citywide Pool Plumbing Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-915M)||Madison Ave, E. 120 St. to E. 124 St.||Construction|
|Citywide Pool Structural Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-1015M)||Madison Avenue, East 120 Street to East 124 Street||Construction|
|Marcus Garvey Park Comfort Station Construction||18 Mount Morris Park West, between West 121st Street and West 122nd Street||Construction|
|Marcus Garvey Park Fire Watchtower Restoration||Madison Avenue at East 122nd Street||Construction|
|Marcus Garvey Park Pelham Fritz Recreation Center Reconstruction||18 Mt. Morris Park West at West 122nd Street||Procurement|
This is a tentative project list, as not all proposed projects will become active projects. To learn more about proposed projects, visit our How We Build Parks page.
- Marcus Garvey Park Acropolis Reconstruction
- Northern Manhattan Pavement Reconstruction
|Citywide Pool Structural Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-1011M)||View Details|
|Marcus Garvey Park Fire Watchtower Dismantling||View Details|
How We Build Parks
Visit our How We Build Parks page to learn more about the three main phases of the city’s capital process and how a project becomes eligible for capital funding.
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
Know Before You Go
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
On Thursday, July 4, 2019, this recreation center will be closed in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
Anticipated Completion: 07/04/2019
- NYC PARKS PARTNERS WITH FACEBOOK’S ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM TO CREATE COLORFUL COMMUNITY MURALS ON TWO MANHATTAN BASKETBALL COURTS
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Funds Invested To Restore Historic Fire Watchtower
- Step Into Dancing
- Art Inspired By Thierry Bishe
- Ultimate Obstacle Course
- Guest Artist Dance Workshops: Celebrating the Influence of African-American Dances
- The Bacchae, presented by The Classical Theatre of Harlem