Marcus Garvey Park
How to Reserve an Athletic Field or Court
Organized leagues or special events need a permit to use an athletic field or court. For people under 18, the permit is free. For those 18 and over, a fee is required.
To reserve space, please see our Athletic Permits and Applications page.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, basketball courts are re-open, and rims will be re-installed beginning July 6. Participants should continue to wear face coverings, follow social distancing protocols and avoid high-contact pick-up games.
Browse Our Field and Court Map
Find out which athletic fields have been permitted and see what’s available for the current season at Marcus Garvey Park
List of Basketball Courts
|Marcus Garvey Park||E. 120 to 124 Sts. and Madison Ave.|
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
Know Before You Go
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
As of Tuesday, March 17, for the safety of our patrons, all recreation centers are closed to the public until further notice. We will be extending all memberships to our recreation center members to cover the length of time we are closed.
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES RESTORATION OF HISTORIC MOUNT MORRIS FIRE WATCHTOWER IN MARCUS GARVEY PARK
- NYC PARKS PARTNERS WITH FACEBOOK’S ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM TO CREATE COLORFUL COMMUNITY MURALS ON TWO MANHATTAN BASKETBALL COURTS
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- NYC Parks Harlem Programming: Kids in Motion
- It's My Park IMP-act Day at Marcus Garvey Park
- NYC Parks Harlem Programming:
- NYC Parks Harlem Programming: Shape Up NYC
- NYC Parks Harlem Programming: Mobile Van Games and Exercise