Marcus Garvey Park
>Guest Artist Dance Workshops: Celebrating the Influence of African-American Dances
Saturday, June 1, 2019
1:30 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
This event repeats every week on Saturday between 6/1/2019 and 6/29/2019.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
In partnership with Harlem Dance Club, Pelham Fritz Recreation Center will host a series of free workshops celebrating the influence of African American dances, from traditional to contemporary. Every Saturday afternoon in June, a different afro-dance style will be highlighted.
All dance classes are given by professional instructors.
Open to all ages and experience levels.
Saturday, June 1: Afro Dance with Angel Kaba
Saturday, June 8: Afro-Caribbean with Queen Moves
Saturday, June 15: Mouv 'Ka with Kevin Coique
Saturday, June 22: West African with Ester Walker
Saturday, June 29: Haitian Folk Dance with Sherley Davilmar
All classes are free and open to the public.
Please note: To reserve your spot today, please visit harlemdanceclub.org.
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
Know Before You Go
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
On Thursday, July 4, 2019, this recreation center will be closed in observance of the Fourth of July holiday.
Anticipated Completion: 07/04/2019
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Funds Invested To Restore Historic Fire Watchtower
- Funds Allocated To Restore Marcus Garvey Park’s Historic Fire Watchtower - Ribbon is Cut on Morningside Park's 123rd Street Playground
- Tea Social at 'The Pelham'
- Guest Artist Dance Workshops: Celebrating the Influence of African-American Dances
- Step Into Dancing
- Art Inspired By Thierry Bishe
- Ultimate Obstacle Course