Marcus Garvey Park
>Arts, Culture & Fun: City Center On the Move
Friday, April 12, 2019
6:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join us for a new program designed to bring the extraordinary artists from New York City Center stages directly to you. The inaugural tour of City Center On the Move will immerse communities in world-class dance through a series of free interactive performances featuring Bronx-born choreographer, teacher, and tap artist Ayodele Casel.
A frequent City Center collaborator (¡Adelante, Cuba!, Really Rosie, Fall for Dance) and a 2017 recipient of the “Hoofer Award,” Casel will be joined by dancers Luke Hickey and Andre Imanishi, bass player Amanda Ruzza, drummer Zack O’Farrill, and special guest, six-time Grammy Award-winner Arturo O’Farrill for an exciting performance!
In order to share Casel’s singular style with the broadest possible cross-section of New Yorkers, City Center has partnered with the NYC Parks Department to select five tour stops (one in each borough) from among their 36 recreation centers.
You can see City Center On the Move in all five boroughs!
Reserve your seat at NYCityCenter.org/OntheMove.
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
Know Before You Go
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
On Sunday, April 21, 2019, this recreation center will be closed in observance of Easter Sunday.
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Funds Invested To Restore Historic Fire Watchtower
- Funds Allocated To Restore Marcus Garvey Park’s Historic Fire Watchtower - Ribbon is Cut on Morningside Park's 123rd Street Playground
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Jazz with Paula Hampton
- Art Inspired By Raul Martinez
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Jazz Concert with Cecil Morgan
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Jazz Concert with Jackie Williams Quartet
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Jazz Concert with Annette St. John