Marcus Garvey Park
>Arts, Culture & Fun: Public Theater Mobile Unit: The Tempest
Friday, April 5, 2019
6:30 p.m.–8:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Revelry and mayhem continue their wicked work in the Mobile Unit’s production of THE TEMPEST, directed by Director of Public Works Laurie Woolery.
When King Alonso’s ship washes up on her island home, Prospero unleashes her magic on the royal entourage. But love plays games with revenge, and the stuff of nightmares becomes the stuff of dreams in this supernatural comedy about the power of rage and the strength of forgiveness.
Please note: Space is limited so please RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Public Theater Mobile Unit
The Public Theater’s Mobile Unit is a reinvention of Joseph Papp’s “Mobile Theater,” which began in 1957. Papp’s original touring company evolved into the New York Shakespeare Festival, and ultimately became The Public Theater. All of it was built on a simple idea: Culture belongs to everyone. This idea remains at the heart of The Public Theater’s work to this day. And our Mobile Unit still takes this mission out to the communities across New York City, providing free performances to all. The Mobile Unit presents free Shakespeare to prisons, homeless shelters, and community centers throughout New York’s boroughs. Over the years, the Mobile Unit has served thousands of audiences with critically-acclaimed productions. In addition to the community tour, each Mobile Unit show “sits down” at The Public Theater’s Astor Place home to perform for Public audiences and community organizations from all over the city.
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
Know Before You Go
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
On Sunday, April 21, 2019, this recreation center will be closed in observance of Easter Sunday.
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Funds Invested To Restore Historic Fire Watchtower
- Funds Allocated To Restore Marcus Garvey Park’s Historic Fire Watchtower - Ribbon is Cut on Morningside Park's 123rd Street Playground
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Jazz with Paula Hampton
- Art Inspired By Raul Martinez
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Jazz Concert with Cecil Morgan
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Jazz Concert with Jackie Williams Quartet
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Jazz Concert with Annette St. John