Marcus Garvey Park
Arts, Culture & Fun: Kym Lawrence
Thursday, March 22, 2018
6:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Please note: Unfortunately, Vinne Knight is ill and can't perform. Subbing for Vinnie Knight is the great Jazz and Blues vocalist, Kym Lawrence!
Join us for 12 weeks of live jazz and blues concerts!
Every Thursday night, 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m., at Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
- 3/1 & 3/22 – Vinnie Knight – Masterful jazz and blues vocalist, originally from Harlem, celebrated around the world
- 3/8 & 3/29 – Whitney Marchelle – Ace performer, vocalist, songwriter, recording artist with "an appealingly scorched soul-jazz sound" (Jazztimes)
- 3/15 & 4/5 – Paula Hampton – Swinging drummer/bandleader, from one of the great jazz families
Every Thursday mid-day, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m., at Hansborough Recreation Center
- 4/12 & 5/3 – Phil Young – Drummer and leader of "the Harlem Hip" -- as recently seen in The New Yorker
- 4/19 & 5/10 – George Braith – Hard-swinging underground legend of the saxophone and his own invention, the sopralto Braithophone
- 4/26 & 5/17 – Ray Mantilla – Legendary conga player brings his exciting jazz/latin quartet
The events are free but let us know you're coming:
Pelham Fritz RSVP to jazzseriespf.eventbrite.com.
Hansborough RSVP to jazzserieshb.eventbrite.com.
Presented by the Jazz Foundation of America, with partial support from the National Endowment for the Arts, New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, and from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council.
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Funds Invested To Restore Historic Fire Watchtower
- Funds Allocated To Restore Marcus Garvey Park’s Historic Fire Watchtower - Ribbon is Cut on Morningside Park's 123rd Street Playground