Marcus Garvey Park
>Arts, Culture & Fun: Jazz with Vinnie Knight
Thursday, March 1, 2018
6:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join us for live jazz with Vinnie Knight, masterful jazz and blues vocalist, originally from Harlem, celebrated around the world!
Presented by the Jazz Foundation of America, with partial support from the National Endowment for the Arts, New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, and from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council.
Join us for 12 weeks of live Jazz and Blues concerts!
6:30-7:30pm every Thursday night at Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
- 3/1 & 3/22 - Vinnie Knigh – Masterful jazz and blues vocalist, originally from Harlem, celebrated around the world
- 3/8 & 3/29 - Whitney Marchelle – Ace performer, vocalist, songwriter, recording artist with "an appealingly scorched soul-jazz sound" (Jazztimes)
- 3/15 & 4/5 - Paula Hampton – Swinging drummer / bandleader, from one of the great jazz families
1:00-2:00pm every Thursday mid-day at Hansborough Recreation Center
- 4/12 & 5/3 - Phil Young – Drummer, florist and leader of "the Harlem Hip" -- as recently seen in The New Yorker
- 4/19 & 5/10 - George Braith – Hard-swinging underground legend of the saxophone and his own invention, the sopralto Braithophone
- 4/26 & 5/17 - Ray Mantilla – Legendary conga player brings his exciting jazz / Latin quartet
The events are free but let us know you're coming:
Pelham Fritz RSVP to jazzseriespf.eventbrite.com.
Hansborough RSVP to jazzserieshb.eventbrite.com.
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
Know Before You Go
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
On Wednesday, November 21, this recreation center will close at 5:00 p.m. On Thursday, November 22, this recreation center will be closed for the Thanksgiving Day Holiday.
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Funds Invested To Restore Historic Fire Watchtower
- Funds Allocated To Restore Marcus Garvey Park’s Historic Fire Watchtower - Ribbon is Cut on Morningside Park's 123rd Street Playground