Marcus Garvey Park
Arts, Culture & Fun: Dance Away the Night with Swing!
Saturday, October 7, 2017
5:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m.
Join us to celebrate Harlem’s most famous dance genre — The Lindy Hop! We will be swinging and hopping to some legendary Harlem Jazz greats and more. Be part of a Fun Family Fall Night of Dance to Pop, Soul, R&B, and Hip Hop to spice it up!
Hosted in partnership with The Harlem Swing Dance Society, you’ll learn a few swing dance steps and then get the chance to practice those moves to live DJ music. Enjoy demonstrations, mingle, and have fun!
This indoor event is free and open to the public. All are welcome! RSVPs encouraged: https://acfswing1007.eventbrite.com
Schedule of Activities
Open Dance: 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Dance Lesson: 6:00 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.
Open Dance: 6:45 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Contact (212) 360-1430 or email@example.com for more information regarding accessibility. Requests for special accommodations should be made by October 4.
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Funds Invested To Restore Historic Fire Watchtower
- Funds Allocated To Restore Marcus Garvey Park’s Historic Fire Watchtower - Ribbon is Cut on Morningside Park's 123rd Street Playground
- Tonight We Dance: A Night of Jazz & Swing!
- Arts, Culture & Fun: Dance Away the Night with Swing!