Marcus Garvey Park
Madison Ave, E. 120 St. to E. 124 St.
Directions via Google Maps
A park that nurtures its entire community, Marcus Garvey provides pastimes for children, teens, adults, and the elderly.
The two playgrounds are built for all children, including those with disabilities, giving the neighborhood's youngest members hours of fun on the park’s slides, fountains, and drawbridges. On summer days families and friends swim and sun in its outdoor pool, and in the warm evenings they gather to watch plays and concerts in the park’s amphitheater.
During the summer instructors teach swimming novices to do the crawl and improve their strokes in its indoor pool, and throughout the year classes as diverse as computer skills, kickboxing, yoga, and karate are offered to all who want them.
Discover the history of Marcus Garvey Park
Enjoy free, uptown, family-friendly theatre for the community in this outdoor performance of The Bacchae, by the...
Learn about the trials and triumphs of the black experience in the United States and how New York City honors black history in our parks today.
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
- NYC PARKS PARTNERS WITH FACEBOOK’S ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM TO CREATE COLORFUL COMMUNITY MURALS ON TWO MANHATTAN BASKETBALL COURTS
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Funds Invested To Restore Historic Fire Watchtower
- Citywide Pool Electrical Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-815MA)
- Citywide Pool Structural Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-1015M)
- Marcus Garvey Park Comfort Station Construction
- Marcus Garvey Park Fire Watchtower Restoration
- Marcus Garvey Park Pelham Fritz Recreation Center Reconstruction