Marcus Garvey Park
Madison Ave, E. 120 St. to E. 124 St.
Directions via Google Maps
A park that nurtures its entire community, Marcus Garvey provides pastimes for children, teens, adults, and the elderly.
The two playgrounds are built for all children, including those with disabilities, giving the neighborhood's youngest members hours of fun on the park’s slides, fountains, and drawbridges. On summer days families and friends swim and sun in its outdoor pool, and in the warm evenings they gather to watch plays and concerts in the park’s amphitheater.
During the summer instructors teach swimming novices to do the crawl and improve their strokes in its indoor pool, and throughout the year classes as diverse as computer skills, kickboxing, yoga, and karate are offered to all who want them.
Discover the history of Marcus Garvey Park
This class takes you on a non-stop rhythmic cardio conditioning journey utilizing basic dance and athletic bodyweight...
Learn about the trials and triumphs of the black experience in the United States and how New York City honors black history in our parks today.
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
Know Before You Go
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center remains closed to the public until further notice. Some recreation centers are being used for COVID-19 testing and vaccination services, the Learning Bridges program, and critical seasonal training. Please visit our Recreation Centers page to find an alternate recreation center.
- NYC PARKS CELEBRATES RESTORATION OF HISTORIC MOUNT MORRIS FIRE WATCHTOWER IN MARCUS GARVEY PARK
- NYC PARKS PARTNERS WITH FACEBOOK’S ARTIST IN RESIDENCE PROGRAM TO CREATE COLORFUL COMMUNITY MURALS ON TWO MANHATTAN BASKETBALL COURTS
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Marcus Garvey Park Pelham Fritz Recreation Center Reconstruction
- Marcus Garvey Park POP Office Roof Reconstruction