Marcus Garvey Park
Madison Ave, E. 120 St. to E. 124 St.
Directions via Google Maps
A park that nurtures its entire community, Marcus Garvey provides pastimes for children, teens, adults, and the elderly.
The two playgrounds are built for all children, including those with disabilities, giving the neighborhood's youngest members hours of fun on the park’s slides, fountains, and drawbridges. On summer days families and friends swim and sun in its outdoor pool, and in the warm evenings they gather to watch plays and concerts in the park’s amphitheater.
During the summer instructors teach swimming novices to do the crawl and improve their strokes in its indoor pool, and throughout the year classes as diverse as computer skills, kickboxing, yoga, and karate are offered to all who want them.
Discover the history of Marcus Garvey Park
City Parks Foundation's Charlie Parker Jazz Festival Presents Charles Tolliver's 50 Year Anniversary of 'Paper Man' Featuring Gary Bartz, Jack Dejohnette, Buster Williams + Surprise Guest / Brianna Thomas
In 1968, Jazz trumpeter Charles Tolliver recorded his debut album, Paper Man. Praised for its explorative, avant-garde...
- City Parks Foundation's Charlie Parker Jazz Festival Presents Monty Alexander - Harlem Kingston Express / Catherine Russel / Keyon Harrold / Matthew Whitaker Trio
- Workshop: Successful Fundraising for your Park or Garden
- Mothership One: An Interactive Voyage of Music & Dance
- Friends and Family Day
- Tonight We Dance: A Night of Jazz & Swing!
Learn about the trials and triumphs of the black experience in the United States and how New York City honors black history in our parks today.
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
Know Before You Go
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
We are experiencing a temporary disruption in our phone service. Please contact the center at (646) 477-2354. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Funds Invested To Restore Historic Fire Watchtower
- Funds Allocated To Restore Marcus Garvey Park’s Historic Fire Watchtower - Ribbon is Cut on Morningside Park's 123rd Street Playground
- Citywide Pool Electrical Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-815MA)
- Citywide Pool Plumbing Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-915M)
- Citywide Pool Structural Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-1015M)
- Marcus Garvey Park Comfort Station Reconstruction
- Marcus Garvey Park Fire Watchtower Restoration