Marcus Garvey Park
Madison Ave, E. 120 St. to E. 124 St.
Directions via Google Maps
A park that nurtures its entire community, Marcus Garvey provides pastimes for children, teens, adults, and the elderly.
The two playgrounds are built for all children, including those with disabilities, giving the neighborhood's youngest members hours of fun on the park’s slides, fountains, and drawbridges. On summer days families and friends swim and sun in its outdoor pool, and in the warm evenings they gather to watch plays and concerts in the park’s amphitheater.
During the summer instructors teach swimming novices to do the crawl and improve their strokes in its indoor pool, and throughout the year classes as diverse as computer skills, kickboxing, yoga, and karate are offered to all who want them.
Discover the history of Marcus Garvey Park
It's all for one and one for all as D'Artagnan and the Musketeers fight...
Learn about the trials and triumphs of the black experience in the United States and how New York City honors black history in our parks today.
Directions to Marcus Garvey Park
Know Before You Go
Pelham Fritz Recreation Center
Please be advised that on all Tuesdays in August (1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd and 29th) the recreation center will have a delayed opening and open at 2:30pm due to repairs being performed. Should you have any questions, please call the centers customer service desk.
- Walk It Out! Trail Dedicated At Marcus Garvey Park
- Funds Invested To Restore Historic Fire Watchtower
- Funds Allocated To Restore Marcus Garvey Park’s Historic Fire Watchtower - Ribbon is Cut on Morningside Park's 123rd Street Playground
- Citywide Electrical System Reconstruction at Pool Facilities
- Citywide Pool Plumbing Systems Reconstruction (CNYG-915M)
- Citywide Pool Systems Reconstruction
- Marcus Garvey Park Acropolis Reconstruction
- Marcus Garvey Park Comfort Station Reconstruction