157 St., 155 St. bet. 108 Ave. and 109 Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
This park is named to honor Guglielmo Marconi (1874-1937), an Italian scientist who pioneered the wireless telegraph and subsequently developed the modern radio. Born in Bologna, Italy, Marconi was the son of an Italian businessman, Joseph, and an Irish physicist, Annie Jameson. From an early age, Guglielmo displayed exceptional intelligence and an interest in electricity and physics. When his family moved to Liverno in 1885, Marconi began a detailed study of the electromagnetic experiments of Heinrich Hertz and James Clerk Maxwell.