Madison Square Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Madison Square Fountain
- Location: Center axis at 24th Street
- Description: Display fountain
- Materials: North Jay granite
- Dimensions: H: 1'6" Diameter: 32'
- Dedicated: June 28, 1867
- Inscription: THIS FOUNTAIN ORIGINALLY STOOD ON SITE OF OLD POST OFFICE. BEGUN
IN 1842, COMPLETED JAN. 7, 1843. EMBELLISHED 1847. iT WAS
REMOVED TO MADISON SQUARE PARK AND REDEDICATED JUNE 28, 1867.
Directions to Madison Square Park
- Health And Parks Departments Encourage New Yorkers To “Make NYC Your Gym”
- This Weekend in Parks
- First Flush At Madison Square Park