Macombs Dam Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Highbridge World War I Memorial
- Location: 161st Street and Jerome Avenue
- Architect: Max Hausle
- Description: Statue, pedestal with dedicatory plaque
- Materials: Bronze and Maine granite
- Dimensions: H: 15'9" W: 8'8" D: 8'8"
- Dedicated: 1923
- Foundry: J.W. Fiske Iron Works
- Donor: Highbridge Regular Democratic Club
- Inscription: FOR GOD AND COUNTRY / IN HONOR OF THE BOYS OF / HIGHBRIDGE / WHO SERVED THEIR COUNTRY / AND IN MEMORY OF THOSE WHO / MADE THE SUPREME SACRIFICE / IN THE WORLD WAR / 1917 1918 / KILLED IN ACTION / (LIST OF 21 NAMES) / ERECTED BY THE HIGHBRIDGE REGULAR / DEMOCRATIC CLUB / HON. WILLIAM J. FLYNN, CHAIRMAN / JOHN A. HARMS, SECRETARY / MAX HAUSLE, ARCHITECT/
Directions to Macombs Dam Park
- NYC PARKS REINSTALLS HISTORIC HIGHBRIDGE DOUGHBOY MONUMENT AFTER YEARS-LONG RESTORATION
- Celebrating Jackie Robinson’s Legacy At Macombs Dam Park
- Parks Cuts Ribbon on Macombs Dam Park