Fidler-Wyckoff House Park
(faux)H Urban Homesteading Workshops: Canning and Food Preservation
Saturday, October 5, 2013
12:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
This event repeats every 3 weeks on Saturday between 9/14/2013 and 10/5/2013.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Preserving the Harvest: You worked hard all spring and summer, tilling, sowing, weeding and pruning. Now is the time to reap what you sow before it goes to seed. We will cover basic ways to preserve what you’ve grown in the garden for the long winter ahead: drying, canning, freezing, pickling. Additionally, we will extend the uses of your bounty by looking at alternative ways to use your herbs and spices in the kitchen and around the house.
Participants may sign up for one or all workshops. For more information about the program or to register email.
(faux)H Workshop Series:
- Hand Sewing & Embroidery: May 11 and June 8, 10am-12:30pm
- Natural Dying: July 13 and August 10, 12-3pm
- Preserving the Harvest: September 14 and October 5, 12-3pm
Free | suggested donation of $5 for materials per a session.
Directions to Fidler-Wyckoff House Park
- Historic House: Wyckoff House Museum
- Dutch Prime Minister Visits NYC's Oldest Structure--Brooklyn's Wyckoff Farmhouse
- Dutch Prime Minister Visits NYC's Oldest Structure—Brooklyn's Wyckoff Farmhouse