Lt. Nick Lia Memorial
Click image for larger view
- Location: St. Mark's Place, Wall Street, Belmont Place
- Description: Inscribed stone and flagstaff
- Materials: Granite and fiberglass
- Dimensions: Stone L: 3' W: 2' D: 1'; Flagstaff H: 25'
- Cast: ca. 1994
- Dedicated: November 10, 1994
- Fabricator: Cheshenko Carving
- Donor: Military Order of Devil Dogs
- Inscription: IN MEMORY OF / LT. NICK LIA / 1944-1968 / KILLED IN ACTION VIETNAM / PRESENTED BY / MILITARY ORDER OF DEVIL DOGS #69 / MARINE CORPS LEAGUE / S.I. DET NO. 1 1994 /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143