View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Reverend Benjamin J. Lowry
- Location: Underhill, Pacific, Washington and Atlantic Avenues
- Sculptor: Robert W. Pugh
- Description: Bust on pedestal
- Materials: Stainless steel, Ebony Mist granite
- Dimensions: Bust H: 2'2" W: 1'6" D: 11"; Pedestal H: 6'7" W: 2'6" D: 2' 6"
- Cast: 1982
- Dedicated: July 31, 1982
- Fabricator: Keystone Monument Company, Inc.
- Donor: Zion Baptist Church and community
- Inscription: Front:
REV. BENJAMIN J. LOWRY /
Proper left side:
REV. BENJAMIN J. LOWRY / "LIFE HAS TAUGHT ME THAT / THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR PERSISTENCE / AND HARD WORK. / NO MATTER HOW GIFTED OR TALENTED / AN INDIVIDUAL, LIFE DOES NOT / GUARANTEE HIM SUCCESS. / SUCCESSFUL AND WORTHWHILE LIVES / COME FROM CONSECRATION, DEDICATION, / PERSISTENCE AND FAITH IN GOD." / DR. B.J. LOWRY /
REV. BENJAMIN J. LOWRY / DEDICATED / JUL Y 31, 1982 /
Proper right side:
REV. BENJAMIN J. LOWRY / D.D. PH.D LL.D / UNIVERSALIST SCHOLAR / DEDICATED TO RELIGIOUS / SERVICE. HIS INNER / STRENGTH AND MANIFEST / PRACTICE OF THE / SPIRITUAL VALUES / PREACHES WILL ALWAYS / BE A VITAL FORCE / AMONG US. / ZION BAPTIST CHURCH INC. / AND THE COMMUNITY /