Lost Battalion Hall Recreation Center
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Lieutenant Colonel George U. Harvey Memorial Plaque
- Location: Queens Blvd between 62 Ave and 62 Rd; front lobby of rec center
- Description: Square plaque with rounded upper edge
- Materials: Bronze
- Dimensions: H: 35" W: 22"
- Cast: ca. 1946
- Dedicated: October 7, 1946
- Donor: Citizens of Queens County
- Inscription: 1881 / 1946 / LT. COL. GEORGE U. HARVEY D.S.C. / BORN IN GALWAY, IRELAND / PRESIDENT BOROUGH OF QUEENS / 1929 - 1941 / DEDICATED BY / THE CITIZENS OF QUEENS COUNTY / OCTOBER 7, 1946 /
Directions to Lost Battalion Hall Recreation Center
- Derek Jeter's Turn 2 Foundation Brings Holiday Cheer to Parks Afterschool Children
- Queens Recreation Honors Rising Stars
- Parks Afterschool Kids Meet Patti Labelle!