Lost Battalion Hall Recreation Center
Queens Blvd. bet. 62 Ave. and 62 Rd.
Directions via Google Maps
This recreational center is named for the heroism of the United States Army’s 77th Division, honoring its service in World War I (1914-1918). Stationed in France, this New York division fought in the Battle of the Argonne.
While attempting to overtake German-held land near Charlevaux, France, 301 men from Companies A, B, C, D, E, G, H, and K became isolated from the remainder of the division. For five days, between October 3, 1918, and October 7, 1918, the American soldiers, down to one day’s ration per man, managed to successfully repel the opposing German forces. Throughout the battle, the isolated soldiers were able to communicate with their division solely by carrier pigeon. In holding out against the German onslaught, the company endured the loss of roughly 107 men. Given the number of casualties lost during the battle, the soldiers are remembered as members of “The Lost Battalion.”
Join us as we ring in Lunar New Year with a day of performances, demonstrations, singing, dancing, and...
Directions to Lost Battalion Hall Recreation Center
- Derek Jeter's Turn 2 Foundation Brings Holiday Cheer to Parks Afterschool Children
- Queens Recreation Honors Rising Stars
- Parks Afterschool Kids Meet Patti Labelle!
- Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island Recreation and Nature Center HVAC Repair (CNYG-1910MA1)
- Citywide Reconstruction of Deteriorated Electrical Systems (CNYG-1611MA)
- Lost Battalion Hall Gym Floor Reconstruction
- Lost Battalion Hall Recreation Center Reconstruction
Lost Battalion Hall Recreation Center Weather