Vermont St. bet. Linden Blvd. and Stanley Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
Bounded by Linden Boulevard, Stanley Avenue, Vermont Street, and Wyona Avenue, this park takes its name from Linden Boulevard. Renamed three times, the thoroughfare was originally called Van Brunt Street in honor of an old and respected family that once lived in the area. The first recorded ancestor of the family was Rutger Joesten Van Brunt (bef. 1653-abt. 1718) who immigrated to the town of New Utrecht, today part of Brooklyn in 1653. Another Rutger Van Brunt (1757-1830) built the old mill on Bull Creek, in about 1770. In 1887, the Brooklyn Common Council changed the name of the street to Vienna Avenue, after the Austrian Capital. The Common Council again changed the name of the street in 1924, designating it Lorraine Street, after the Lorraine region in eastern France. Although it is unclear when the street assumed its present name, Linden Boulevard, the name itself comes from the American linden trees (Tilia americana) that line the boulevard.
Little Red’s Hood is a fresh retelling of the classic ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ tale updated with a...