Leif Ericson Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
- Location: 66th Street and 4th Avenue
- Sculptor: August Werner
- Description: Relief tablet on stele
- Materials: Bronze, granite
- Dimensions: Tablet (top) H: 29" W: 22", Tablet (bottom) H: 8" W: 22"; Stele H: 10'4" W: 2'
- Dedicated: 1939
- Inscription: Main plaque:
LEIV EIRIKSSON / DISCOVERED AMERICA YEAR 1000 /
THIS IS A REPLICA OF A RUNE STONE FOUND / IN TUNE, NORWAY --- RUNE STONES / WERE ERECTED IN HONOR OF VIKING HEROES / DEDICATED JULY 6TH, 1939 BY / H.R.H. CROWN PRINCE OLAV OF NORWAY /
Directions to Leif Ericson Park
- VIKING SHIP THEMED EQUIPMENT UNVEILED AT LEIF ERICSON PARK
- Tornado Hits Brooklyn
- A Playground Built For A Viking