Fresh Meadows La., Kissena Blvd., bet. Oak Ave., Underhill., and Booth Memorial Ave.
Directions via Google Maps
Kissena Park is an ideal location to both relax and participate in fun outdoor activities. The beautiful Kissena Lake, flanked by weeping willows and shady trees, creates an idyllic setting to enjoy a sunny day. Stroll through the park to take in all of the lush flora and fauna and be sure not to miss the historic tree grove. The dozens of species of trees in the grove are some of the most exotic in the world. In fact, the grove got its start as part of a 19th century horticultural nursery for the New York region.
After taking in the beauty of Kissena Park, get active at one of the park’s many recreational facilities. Try and beat your best time on the bike at the Kissena Park Velodrome. Or play a round of golf at the Kissena public course. And of course there are lots of playgrounds, baseball diamonds, and tennis and handball courts for all to use. So whether or not you are looking for some action or you’d prefer some rest and relaxation, Kissena Park is the perfect venue.
Plan a trip to the Parks Department's only cycling track, site of Star Track and other noteworthy programs.
Directions to Kissena Park
- "New York City Of Trees Photographs By Benjamin Swett" On View In The Arsenal Gallery
- Bank Of America Partnership Funds Three Urban Forest Protection Projects
- A Queens Park Remembers The Forgotten War
- Citywide Steel Guiderails, Timber Rails and Fencing Installation (CNYG-1414M)
- Kissena Velodrome Reconstruction
- Queens General Comfort Station and Facility Reconstruction (QG-1613MA)
- Queens General Site Work (QG-112M)
- Queens General Site Work (QG-811M)
District Maintenance & Operations Office: (718) 359-1297