View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Kimlau War Memorial
- Location: Chatham Square, E. Broadway and Worth Street
- Sculptor: Poy G. Lee
- Description: Memorial arch, 2 precast benches
- Materials: Granite, structural steel, cement (white pebble finish)
- Dimensions: H: 18'9" W:16' D: 2'
- Dedicated: 1961; rededicated June 2000
- Inscription: IN MEMORY OF AMERICANS OF CHINESE / ANCESTRY WHO LOST THEIR LIVES IN THE / DEFENSE OF FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY/ --- /
[2 American Legion Medallions]
SOUTH PIER: DEDICATED / BY THE / LT. BENJ. RALPH KIMLAU / CHINESE MEMORIAL/ POST 1291 / APRIL 29, 1962 // POY C. LEE AIA / ARCHITECT // BUILT BY DE NIGRIS MONUMENT CO.