Jamaica Bay Park
Gateway National Recreation Area General Management Plan Open House
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
4:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The National Park Service will hold a series of open houses to allow the public to comment on the draft General Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement for Gateway National Recreation Area.
Gateway is at a crossroads and a new vision is necessary to shape the park’s future. The General Management Plan / Environmental Impact Statement (GMP/EIS) will help park managers focus on what is most important in carrying out a new 20-year vision for Gateway.
The National Park Service invite you to attend one of our public open houses to learn more about the general management plan and provide your comments in person.
Subsequent open houses will be:
- Wednesday, August 21, 3:30 to 7:30 pm: Sandy Hook Chapel, Sandy Hook, NJ
- Thursday, August 22, 4 to 8 pm: Fort Wadsworth, Building 120, Staten Island
- Tuesday, September 10, 4 to 8 pm: Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge
- Thursday, September 12, 3:30 to 7:30 pm: Sandy Hook Chapel, Sandy Hook, NJ
Directions to Jamaica Bay Park
- MTNYC KNICKS TREE PLANTING IN JAMAICA BAY PARK
- NYC Parks, In Partnership With National Park Service, Launches Jamaica Bay/Rockaway Parks Restoration Corps
- NYC Parks Joins The National Park Service To Issue Requests For Proposals For Kayaking And Canoeing, Bike Rental, And Food Concessions For Jamaica Bay And The Rockaway Peninsula