Back to Monuments List
Argonne-Marine Memorial Oval Marker
Click image for larger view
- Location: Burnett Street and Whitney Avenue
- Description: Marker
- Materials: Barre granite (honed finish on face)
- Dimensions: H: 1'10" W: 2'6" D: 2'
- Cast: ca. 1971
- Dedicated: May 30, 1971
- Donor: Argonne-Marine Park Post No. 107 and Ladies Auxiliary, Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States
- Inscription: DEDICATED ON MAY 30, 1971 / BY THE ARGONNE MARINE PARK / POST NO. 107 OF THE V.F.W. / AND ITS LADIES AUXILIARY / TO THE MEN AND WOMEN / OF THIS COMMUNITY / WHO GAVE THEIR YESTERDAYS / TO INSURE OUR TOMORROWS. /
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143