Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
|Bayswater Park||Beach Channel Drive and B32 Street|
|O'Donohue Park||Seagirt Blvd. between Beach 15 and Beach 17 Streets|
Directions to Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
Know Before You Go
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
For your safety, the following sections of the beach are closed due to erosion: Beach 91st Street to Beach 95th Street and from Beach 98th Street to Beach 102nd Street. Other areas of the beach are open, along with the entire boardwalk, all concessions, and restrooms.
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- Major Habitat Restoration And Trail Development Project Gets Underway This Fall In Marine Park
- De Blasio Administration Launches Community Parks Initiative To Build More Inclusive And Equitable Park System
- Mad Science: What Do You Know About H2O?
- Sunset Yoga by the Beach
- Acoustic Rock and Roll Live Bands
- Fun Run
- Zumba Under The Stars with Lisa G aka RockawayZumbaWay
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Cricket Fields
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Nature Centers
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots