Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
Fresh Creek Autumn Canoe Paddle
Sunday, November 3, 2019
12:00 p.m.–1:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Few experiences compare with being on the open water in New York City. Our trained Urban Park Rangers will lead you on canoe adventures that range from the gentle waters of protected lakes to the challenging open waters of rivers and bays.
Enjoy the Fresh Creek Nature Preserve waterside. Enjoy views of egrets, herons, gulls, and much more.
Participation in a mandatory safety review led by a trained Ranger is required. For ages 8 years old and up. Individuals participating in this program need to demonstrate prior canoe experience.
Please note: Participants are chosen by lottery. To enter your name in the lottery, visit nyc.gov/parks/rangers/register. Registration opens on Wednesday, October 23.
Specific location details will be announced to selected lottery participants
Directions to Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
- NYC PARKS CUTS RIBBON ON $14 MILLION SUNSET COVE SALT MARSH RESTORATION
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- Major Habitat Restoration And Trail Development Project Gets Underway This Fall In Marine Park
- Birding: Waterfowl
- 'Over the Hill' Hilltop Hike: Canarsie Park
- Rockaway Beach Piping Plover Fence Removal
- Winter Tea Time
- Astronomy: The Geminids Meteor Shower
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Cricket Fields
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Nature Centers
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots