Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
Queens Park of the Month: Idlewild Birding by Canoe Adventure
Sunday, September 22, 2019
11:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Few experiences compare with being on the open water in New York City. Our trained Urban Park Rangers will lead you on canoe adventures that range from the gentle waters of protected lakes to the challenging open waters of rivers and bays.
Enjoy a peaceful paddle in the wetlands of Jamaica Bay and view the incredible birds in this habitat.
Please note: For ages 8 years old and up. This is an intermediate canoeing trip. Participation in a mandatory safety review led by a trained Ranger is required.
Participants are chosen by lottery. To enter your name in the lottery, visit nyc.gov/parks/rangers/register. Registration opens on Wednesday, September 11.
Specific location details will be announced to selected lottery participants
Directions to Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
- NYC PARKS CUTS RIBBON ON $14 MILLION SUNSET COVE SALT MARSH RESTORATION
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- Major Habitat Restoration And Trail Development Project Gets Underway This Fall In Marine Park
- Fall Stewardship Day: Idlewild Park Forest Restoration
- It's My Park at Beach 59th Street Playground
- Birding: Raptor Watch
- Family Camping: Brooklyn
- Fresh Creek Autumn Canoe Paddle
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Cricket Fields
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Nature Centers
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots