Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
CityParks Seniors Fitness: Yoga
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
9:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m.
This event repeats every week on Monday and Wednesday between 4/28/2014 and 6/18/2014.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The CityParks Seniors Fitness program offers free tennis lessons, yoga instruction, and fitness walking in 14 parks across the city. The program aims to keep neighborhood parks a great place for community activity. Even in moderate amounts, exercise can help us feel better, maintain or lose weight, reduce risk of heart disease and diabetes, and minimize the symptoms of arthritis. No matter how old we are, our bodies always benefit from physical activity. All equipment and instruction is provided free of charge.
Marine Park - Nature Center - Ave. U & E. 32 St.
Directions to Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
Know Before You Go
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Rockaway Beach is closed for swimming for the season.
Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways Weather
- Major Habitat Restoration And Trail Development Project Gets Underway This Fall In Marine Park
- De Blasio Administration Launches Community Parks Initiative To Build More Inclusive And Equitable Park System
- More Than 30,000 New Yorkers Celebrate The Outdoors At Tenth Anniversary Of Adventures NYC
- NYRR Open Run: Marine Park
- Jamaica Bay Park Tree Planting
- Kids Week Brooklyn: Bug Exploration
- Kids Week Brooklyn: Sea Shore Exploration
- Kids Week Brooklyn: Wilderness Survival
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Cricket Fields
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Nature Centers
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots