Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
Sunday, March 9, 2014
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Our Urban Park Ranger hiking guides will introduce you to the hidden gems of New York City and places often off limits to the general public.
On this program, learn how to navigate using a map and compass. We recommend wearing comfortable shoes or boots, and packing water and a light snack.
Directions to Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Due to construction, Beach 118th - Beach 126th Streets are closed to swimming until July. Beaches are fully open at Beach 86th Street, Beach 97th Street, Beach 106th Street, and Beach 112th - Beach 117th Streets.
Anticipated Completion: Summer 2016
Marine Park's tennis courts will be closed for the season due to construction.
Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways Weather
- Major Habitat Restoration And Trail Development Project Gets Underway This Fall In Marine Park
- De Blasio Administration Launches Community Parks Initiative To Build More Inclusive And Equitable Park System
- More Than 30,000 New Yorkers Celebrate The Outdoors At Tenth Anniversary Of Adventures NYC
- Cancelled: NYRR Open Run: Marine Park
- Shape Up NYC: Zumba Fitness with Maxie
- Zumba Under The Stars with Lisa G aka RockaZumbaWay
- Yoga on the Beach
- Torrey Botanical Society Field Trip: Tour the Wilder Side of Marine Park
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Cricket Fields
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Nature Centers
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots