Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
Nature Photography: Winter Landscapes
Sunday, December 1, 2013
11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The beauty of nature has inspired many great Americans to create artistic masterpieces. From the wildlife portraits of John James Audubon to the stunning black and white photography of Ansel Adams, nature has been a muse to artist for centuries.
Urban Park Ranger Art and Photography programs allow you to interpret the natural would through artistic expression, while learning about nature and the environment.
All Photography programs are for digital cameras and you must provide your own camera, DSLR preferred, but all cameras are welcome.
Directions to Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
Know Before You Go
Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
Rockaway Beach is closed for swimming for the season.
Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways Weather
- Major Habitat Restoration And Trail Development Project Gets Underway This Fall In Marine Park
- De Blasio Administration Launches Community Parks Initiative To Build More Inclusive And Equitable Park System
- More Than 30,000 New Yorkers Celebrate The Outdoors At Tenth Anniversary Of Adventures NYC
- Jamaica Bay Park Tree Planting
- Kids Week Brooklyn: Bug Exploration
- Kids Week Brooklyn: Sea Shore Exploration
- Kids Week Brooklyn: Wilderness Survival
- Kids Week Brooklyn: Nature Art
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Cricket Fields
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Nature Centers
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots