Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
Gateway National Recreation Area General Management Plan Open House
Tuesday, August 20, 2013
4:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The National Park Service will hold a series of open houses to allow the public to comment on the draft General Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement for Gateway National Recreation Area.
Gateway is at a crossroads and a new vision is necessary to shape the park’s future. The General Management Plan / Environmental Impact Statement (GMP/EIS) will help park managers focus on what is most important in carrying out a new 20-year vision for Gateway.
The National Park Service invite you to attend one of our public open houses to learn more about the general management plan and provide your comments in person.
Subsequent open houses will be:
- Wednesday, August 21, 3:30 to 7:30 pm: Sandy Hook Chapel, Sandy Hook, NJ
- Thursday, August 22, 4 to 8 pm: Fort Wadsworth, Building 120, Staten Island
- Tuesday, September 10, 4 to 8 pm: Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge
- Thursday, September 12, 3:30 to 7:30 pm: Sandy Hook Chapel, Sandy Hook, NJ
Directions to Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways
Know Before You Go
Marine Park's tennis courts will be closed for the season due to construction.
Jamaica Bay and the Rockaways Weather
- Major Habitat Restoration And Trail Development Project Gets Underway This Fall In Marine Park
- De Blasio Administration Launches Community Parks Initiative To Build More Inclusive And Equitable Park System
- More Than 30,000 New Yorkers Celebrate The Outdoors At Tenth Anniversary Of Adventures NYC
- It's My Park in Marine Park
- NYRR Open Run: Marine Park
- Nocturnal Wildlife
- Family Fun Day
- Family Camping: Brooklyn
- Barbecuing Areas
- Baseball Fields
- Basketball Courts
- Bicycling and Greenways
- Bocce Courts
- Cricket Fields
- Dog-friendly Areas
- Fitness Equipment
- Football Fields
- Golf Courses
- Handball Courts
- Hiking Trails
- Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
- Model Aircraft Fields
- Nature Centers
- Paddleboat Rentals
- Roller Hockey
- Skate Parks
- Soccer Fields
- Spray Showers
- Tennis Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Wi-Fi Hot Spots