J.J. Byrne Playground
Kings County Second Annual Fiber Festival
Saturday, October 12, 2013
10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The Kings County Fiber Festival includes crocheters, dyers, rug makers, felters, knitters, quilters, spinners, and weavers, as well as artists creating design works that incorporate fiber as an integral material and celebrates both historic and contemporary approaches to the fiber arts.
The festival includes:
- A juried selection of vendors from up and down the East Coast
- A marketplace with a wide variety of hand-dyed yarns, fiber inspired artisans, sheep fleece, hand crafted winter accessories, and holiday gifts
- Master-level demonstrations by fiber experts
- Symposium on spinning and dyeing
- A yarn spinning circle demonstrating the manual arts - from fleece to wheel and drop spindle
Also on October 12, catch some reenactor baseball played on Washington Park field by 1864 rules, featuring live music! The Old Stone House has temporary exhibits devoted to the Battle of Brooklyn, as well as Brooklyn Utopias: In TRANSITion - an exploration of the future of transportation in Brooklyn and Beyond.
This event is part of the Historic House Festival.
Directions to J.J. Byrne Playground
- Colonial Themed Celebration Officially Opens J.J. Byrne Playground
- Parks Breaks Ground On Third Phase Of Renovations In Washington Park
- 2010 Best of Parks Awards: Tornado Response