J. Hood Wright Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
3000 A.D. Diffusion Piece
- Location: Haven Avenue between West 173rd Street and West 176th Street
- Sculptor: Tery Fugate-Wilcox
- Description: Monolith of eight magnesium and aluminum plates with steel bolts set on steel base set in concrete pad with plaque
- Materials: Magnesium, aluminum, steel, concrete
- Dimensions: H: 35' W: 3' D: 1'
- Dedicated: 1974
- Donor: Public Arts Council and Neighborhood Action Council
- Inscription: 3000 A. D. BY TERRY FUGATE-WILCOX / THE ALUMINUM & MAGNESIUM WILL MIX TOGETHER BY 3000 A.D
Directions to J. Hood Wright Park
Know Before You Go
J. Hood Wright Recreation Center
New York City’s recreation centers and indoor pools remain closed to the general public until further notice to provide COVID-19 related services as well as free childcare options for children who are scheduled for blended learning. To learn more or to apply for the childcare program, please visit the New York City Department of Education’s Learning Bridges program page.
Once we reopen, NYC Parks will extend all existing recreation center memberships to cover the length of time we are closed to the general public.