Inwood Hill Park
Designated Barbecuing Areas
Please be cautious when barbecuing and keep a safe distance from patrons, children, and trees. Be courteous to others and please clean the area carefully before you leave. Events involving more than 20 people require a special events permit.
Our rules prohibit:
- Littering and dumping of debris
- Barbecuing in non-authorized areas
- Barbecuing next to trees, tree roots, or buildings. Please keep ten feet or more away from any structures.
- Any type of open, ground, or camp fire. Please barbecue at least three feet off the ground.
- Barbecuing by anyone 18 years or younger
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, barbecuing and special event gatherings are prohibited until further notice, and grilling areas are closed.
All coal and matches must be disposed of in designated red barrels. Please do not place anything flammable in a regular litter barrel. Use water to extinguish hot coals. Improperly dumped coals or matches can do major damage to our parks.
List of Barbecuing Areas
|Inwood Hill Park-Dyckman Fields||Dyckman Street & Hudson River|
Directions to Inwood Hill Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 4 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Inwood Hill Nature Center
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this facility is closed until further notice. Please follow this project on our Capital Project Tracker for updates. To reach our Urban Park Rangers at Inwood Hill Park, please call (212) 304-2277.
Inwood Hill Park
A Rabid Raccoon Warning has been issued for Inwood Hill Park. Please visit our Raccoon Advisory page for more information.
Transient and seasonal moorings will not be available for the 2020 season.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, there are service changes at this marina.
Marinas, boatyards, and boat launches are open for personal use of vessels only. Group activities, social gatherings, vessel charters, and rentals are prohibited. Vessel servicing, fueling, and pumpout stations are open. Please maintain strict social distancing of at least six feet and clean and sanitize your vessels after each use.
Also, transient and seasonal moorings will not be available for the 2020 season.
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- A Lenape Meal At Inwood Hill Park
- Urban Park Rangers Present An Experience To Travel Back In Time And Live Off The Land