Inwood Hill Park
New York City Naturalist Club: Bald Eagle Watch
Saturday, December 21, 2019
9:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Sick of being cooped up indoors? Set out with our Urban Park Rangers on one of the many hikes and birding tours they offer.
Winter is a great time to spot bald eagles. In the winter, many raptors—birds of prey—tend to fly further south to New York City in search of food. Our Urban Park Rangers will guide you to the best wildlife viewing spots in the urban jungle.
To enhance your experience, we encourage you to bring binoculars and field guides, or ask a park ranger to borrow a pair.
Directions to Inwood Hill Park
Know Before You Go
There are currently 2 service interruptions affecting access within this park.
Inwood Hill Nature Center
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this facility is closed until further notice. Please follow this project on our Capital Project Tracker for updates. To reach our Urban Park Rangers at Inwood Hill Park, please call (212) 304-2277.
Inwood Hill Park
A Rabid Raccoon Warning has been issued for Inwood Hill Park. Please visit our Raccoon Advisory page for more information.
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- A Lenape Meal At Inwood Hill Park
- Urban Park Rangers Present An Experience To Travel Back In Time And Live Off The Land
- Conservation 101: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and More
- Birding: Owls
- Birding: Bald Eagle Watch
- Inwood Hill Park Trail Stewardship Day
- Kids Week: Birds of Prey