Inwood Hill Park
Outdoor Skills: Fire Making
Saturday, March 10, 2018
1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Our Urban Park Rangers are well-versed in outdoor lore. Learn tips and tricks that will enhance your knowledge of the natural world, and might just save your life.
Fire is mankind's greatest discovery. Learn primitive and modern methods for making fire safely and responsibly while exploring the great outdoors.
All programs are family-friendly, but are recommended for ages 8 years and older.
Directions to Inwood Hill Park
Know Before You Go
Inwood Hill Nature Center
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this facility is closed until further notice. To reach our Urban Park Rangers at Inwood Hill Park Park, please call (212) 304-2277.
- SPRING BREAK: NYC PARKS’ URBAN PARK RANGERS OFFER SCHOOL RECESS FUN FOR KIDS ACROSS THE CITY
- A Lenape Meal At Inwood Hill Park
- Urban Park Rangers Present An Experience To Travel Back In Time And Live Off The Land
- NYRR Open Run: Inwood Hill Park
- Inwood Hill Park Trail Stewardship Day
- Introduction to Meditation
- West African Dance
- Sign Language Class with Baby Fingers