Inwood Hill Park
Seining and Fishing
Saturday, July 12, 2014
11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Catch-and-release fishing is a great way to get outdoors and discover nature just a few blocks from your home.
Our experienced Rangers teach the ethics of fishing and the ecology of our waterways on every fishing program.
Participation in a mandatory safety review led by a trained Ranger is required. All equipment is provided. All fishing programs are catch-and-release and first come, first serve. Seining programs, which use nets to catch fish and crustaceans are great for kids of all ages.
Families and children 8 years and older are welcome in all other fishing programs.
Directions to Inwood Hill Park
Know Before You Go
Inwood Hill Nature Center
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this facility is closed until further notice.
Inwood Hill Park Weather
- A Lenape Meal At Inwood Hill Park
- Urban Park Rangers Present An Experience To Travel Back In Time And Live Off The Land
- Born To Be Wildlife: New Yorkers Learn About Their Furry And Feathered Friends At Urban Wildlife Appreciation Day
- Living with Urban Coyotes
- Family Drumming: West African Drum and Dance
- Family Music with Coyote Pups
- Inwood Evening Yoga
- Family Camping: Manhattan