Inwood Hill Park
Delving into Inwood Park's Past with Sidney Horenstein
Saturday, September 21, 2013
1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Join Sidney Horenstein, geologist and Educator Emeritus at the American Museum of Natural History, as he leads his geology, history, and natural history walk through Inwood Park.
Stroll through the park with Sid and discover its historical features, still visible today, as well as its outstanding rock exposures and trees.
This program is generously supported by the Greenacre Foundation and the Fort Tryon Park Trust.
Directions to Inwood Hill Park
Know Before You Go
Inwood Hill Nature Center
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this facility is closed until further notice.
Inwood Hill Park Weather
- A Lenape Meal At Inwood Hill Park
- Urban Park Rangers Present An Experience To Travel Back In Time And Live Off The Land
- Born To Be Wildlife: New Yorkers Learn About Their Furry And Feathered Friends At Urban Wildlife Appreciation Day
- Living with Urban Coyotes
- Family Drumming: West African Drum and Dance
- Family Music with Coyote Pups
- Inwood Evening Yoga
- Family Camping: Manhattan