Inwood Hill Park
Tai Chi Mornings
Monday, July 22, 2013
8:00 a.m.–9:30 a.m.
This event repeats every week on Monday between 6/24/2013 and 8/26/2013.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
The summer classes will be an introduction to the foundational elements of Yang family Taijiquan, including the first section of the long form. In addition to this, we will be studying the eight Zhan Zhuang Qigong postures of Yiquan to complement our understanding of correct body alignment and connectedness of movement in Taijiquan.
Instructor Joh Morton has been studying Chinese Martial Arts for over seven years and has competed nationally and internationally in Kung Fu and Tai Chi. He learned Yang family Taijiquan from Master Dug Corpolongo, and has continued to study with him for over six years, receiving certification to teach the long form in 2011. In addition to Taijiquan, he has studied Yiquan, Shuai Jiao, Northern Longfist Kung Fu, Southern White Crane, and Xingyiquan. His focus is on understanding and incorporating traditional theories of Qigong and Chinese martial theory with modern principles of body mechanics and physics.
Directions to Inwood Hill Park
Know Before You Go
Inwood Hill Nature Center
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this facility is closed until further notice.
- A Lenape Meal At Inwood Hill Park
- Urban Park Rangers Present An Experience To Travel Back In Time And Live Off The Land
- Born To Be Wildlife: New Yorkers Learn About Their Furry And Feathered Friends At Urban Wildlife Appreciation Day
- Free Intro to Rowing Classes in Inwood
- Drum Circle
- West African Dance
- On the Town Presented by Inwood Art Works at Film Works Alfresco in Inwood Hill Park!
- Evening Yoga