Inwood Hill Park
Saturday, April 13, 2013
2:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Please note: this event has been cancelled.
The ancient sport of archery is an activity just about anyone can participate in. Archery helps to improve your concentration and develop your mental discipline. Like any new skill, archery requires practice and patience to master. Urban Park Ranger-led archery programs sharpen these skills while connecting you with nature by getting you outdoors. Archery is also a great way to build upper body strength and to stay fit! Our trained Rangers will demonstrate the safe and proper way to draw a bow, shoot an arrow, and focus on the target. Discover Archery for yourself and learn to hit your mark!
Families and children, ages 8 years and older, are welcome to participate in our archery programs. Programs are first-come, first-served. Participation in a mandatory safety review led by a trained Ranger is required. All equipment is provided and personal archery equipment is not allowed.
Directions to Inwood Hill Park
Know Before You Go
Inwood Hill Nature Center
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this facility is closed until further notice.
- A Lenape Meal At Inwood Hill Park
- Urban Park Rangers Present An Experience To Travel Back In Time And Live Off The Land
- Born To Be Wildlife: New Yorkers Learn About Their Furry And Feathered Friends At Urban Wildlife Appreciation Day
- Family Yoga
- Introduction to Meditation
- Family Camping and Early Morning Birding
- NYRR Open Run: Inwood Hill Park
- Nature Center Adventures