Inwood Hill Park
Kids Nature Hike
Sunday, April 7, 2013
11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
On Nature Exploration Hikes we will discover the plants and animals that inhabit the urban forest. Our Night Hikes allow participants to see parks in a different light, and are great for families. Fitness Hikes feature less talking and more walking, for those who don’t mind a vigorous two hour hike. Learn how to navigate using a map and compass on our Orienteering programs. Special geo-cache programs teach you how to use a GPS while searching for hidden prizes.
Hiking and Orienteering programs feature intensity levels ranging from light (a leisurely stroll on mostly paved paths), to moderate (longer, faster paced hikes on rugged terrain), to vigorous (long distance, with hills and rugged terrain). This is a light intensity level event. For all hiking programs we recommend wearing comfortable shoes or boots, and packing water and a light snack.
Directions to Inwood Hill Park
Know Before You Go
Inwood Hill Nature Center
Due to the effects of Hurricane Sandy, this facility is closed until further notice.
Inwood Hill Park Weather
- A Lenape Meal At Inwood Hill Park
- Urban Park Rangers Present An Experience To Travel Back In Time And Live Off The Land
- Born To Be Wildlife: New Yorkers Learn About Their Furry And Feathered Friends At Urban Wildlife Appreciation Day
- CANCELLED: Family Capoeira
- NYRR Open Run: Inwood Hill Park
- Hudson River Canoe Adventure (Advanced)
- Living with Urban Coyotes
- Family Drumming: West African Drum and Dance