Hunts Point Riverside Park
Kayak/Canoe Launch Sites
|id||Prop_ID||Name||Location||Description||Hours||Belongs to Parks||Launch / Land||Storage|
|12||X336||Hunts Point Riverside Park||Lafayette Ave & Edgewater Rd|
A gravel beach offers access to the sheltered waters of the Bronx River. Portage is 200ft. on an asphalt path.
Caution: A half mile north, a boom collects debris and helps prevent motorized traffic from going north; to the south are strong currents and a working shipping channel.
|Yes||Floating Pier||Private storage only (belongs to "rocking the boat|
|Available Parking||More Info||external||featured||Active||outof_season_start_date||outof_season_end_date||lat||lon|
|Full Location Details||0||0||Y||40.8178||-73.8811|
- Urban Park Rangers Explorer Programs
- Bronx River Alliance
- Inwood Canoe Club
- Free Kayaking Programs provided by The New York City Downtown Boathouse
- Kayak Rentals at the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park
- Wheel Fun Kayaking at Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- Wheel Fun Kayaking at Marine Park, Jamaica Bay