Belt Pkwy., Williams Court bet. E. 12 St. and Homecrest Ave
Directions via Google Maps
This playground is named for the surrounding neighborhood, a 20th century extension of the town of Gravesend. Gravesend derives its name from either Dutch or English colonists; the Dutch words Grafes and Ande, meaning “end of the grove,” could refer to the eastern location of Gravesend, but the name also might reflect the wishes of English settlement founder Lady Deborah Moody (c.1583-1659). Gravesend was the name of a city near her former home in England at the mouth of the Thames River.