Holocaust Memorial Park
View all monuments in NYC Parks, as well as temporary public art installations on our NYC Public Art Map and Guide.
Holocaust Memorial Mall
- Location: Sheepshead Bay; West End Ave. betw. Shore Blvd. & Emmons Ave.
- Sculptor: George P. Vellonakis (designer)
- Architect: George P. Vellonakis
- Description: Tower consisting of brickwork partially concealing fourteen vertical bars supporting crown with beacon at top, three-tiered base, horizontal marker, approximately one hundred rough-hewn varisized vertical markers, two evergreen trees, evergreen shrubs
- Materials: Brickwork--stone; bars (and crown?)--steel (rusticated); beacon--bronze; base and markers--granite
- Dimensions: Horizontal marker L: 21'
- Cast: ca. 1997
- Dedicated: June 22, 1997
- Donor: Brooklyn Borough President's Office
- Inscription: 1) encircling crown: "['Remember' in English and Hebrew?]"
2a) top tier of base, counterclockwise: "POLAND [...]"
2b) middle tier of base, counterclockwise: "GERMANY [...] HUNGARY"
2c) bottom tier of base, counterclockwise: " AUSTRIA [...] DENMARK [...]"
3) horizontal marker: "[...]"
4) vertical markers: "[...]"